Thursday, December 07, 2006

Where is Tres Molinos?

When I heard about an ‘off plan’ property investment opportunity in Tres Molinos, near Murcia, Spain, I just had to get involved. The description sounded so good I almost packed up home and booked the first flight. This was a significant decision for me as it was my first venture into property investment.

I have been unhappy with the progress of my pension for some time. Several years ago it was fairly healthy and I was looking forward to a reasonable lifestyle in my retirement. In recent years the situation has declined rapidly and retirement disappeared from my radar.

While surfing the web recently, I stumbled across an opportunity to get involved in a property development sharing scheme. When I first looked into it I thought is was just too good to be true and perhaps another scam. Any negative thoughts disappeared after I had spoken to the scheme founder (Alan) so I decided to get involved.

Alan introduced me to one of his other investors, who had, like me, decided to join the scheme. However, as a fairly experienced property investor, this was just one of several ventures he was running with. He described Tres Molinos and I was hooked! Two months later, I have three ‘off plan’ developments underway, shares in a property development scheme and future property opportunities in Cape Verdi and Poland. My pension is getting a healthy boost and my retirement is back on the radar.

My ventures might be an amazing success or they might all fall down around my ears. Whatever happens, I thought it would be good to share my experiences in an attempt to help other novice property investors and to serve as a personal record. I have never kept a diary before so this is a whole new experience, I hope you find it interesting and useful.

No comments: